I am so looking forward to going to Bicol this afternoon.. I’m taking advantage of the three-day weekend (thanks to La Presidenta [as what the egotistic owner of the Philippine Star calls her]) to visit relatives in Tabaco for the fiesta.
Actually this is the first time I get to take a break to get to the town fiesta in the middle of the semester. Usually I don’t get to go because of schoolwork.
🙂 So much for that!
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday altogether was the major hump of the week. I had chem lab quiz that Tuesday (which, I think I failed because I was one hour late due to the aggravating traffic at Bayan that morning.. huhu), Chem lab exam the next day (thank goodness this was a bit easier than the lec exam..) and Art Stud 1 exam just yesterday (whoohoo. I think I’ll get a high grade on this one. My brain was working all right when it realized that no sane prof would actually torture his students by getting every single detail from the inch-thick readings and using it in the exam. haha. So I just understood the main points.)
Yesterday afternoon was also the time for ACLE (Alternative Classroom Learning Experience? Correct me if I’m wrong.. I just pronounce it akle.) This meant that classes from 1 pm onwards are suspended. Different orgs would hold their own “classes”, usually seminars, film showings, talks, workshops.. So there. I had only one class as a result (the Art Stud 1. exam eh.). Art Stud 2 prof didn’t come, there was no EL50 class that day, and my Bio 11 was suspended because it was in the afternoon.
What else do I remember…? Haha.. Went to MiniStop at Teacher’s Village with JB, Eejay, and Tepai (tama ba spelling?) because Eejay forgot to get his USB at the nearby computer shop (Lord’s).
Alfie invited us (Aidz, Mae, Roni and I) to see the UP Debate Society’s ACLE, a film showing of Rules of Engagement.
How was I supposed to know that “Rules of Engagement” was a WAR film???
(I was fooled by the word “engagement”!)
I really thought it was a romantic comedy or at the very least, a dramatic movie.. Huhu.. So I just slept through the whole movie.. Sorry Alfie.. make it up to you sometime. 🙂
The rest of the afternoon was just tambay, tambay, tambay. Oh, and I got to meet JB’s friend, James.
I was looking through my old blog in Friendster and I was nostalgic when I read my previous post entitled “O loyal Benedictine children..”, an entry basically reminiscing my high school days.. (fellow Kulasas, read on! yeah.)
“O loyal Benedictine children…”
Masaya ang college. Period. Ngunit hindi mo maikakailang ang haiskul ang isa sa pinakamakulay na yugto sa buhay ng tao. Hindi ba?
Eh ako. Labing isang taon sa loob ng St. Scho. Nakatira na ata ako run eh. Hehe. Namemorize ko na ata ang buong mapa ng campus, pati na rin yung mga puno, maintenance, mga tao. Hay… Nakakamiss. At kahit na minalas ang batch namin at naabutan ng “tyrannical” administration, gusto ko pa ring balik-balikan ito.
Things I miss most:
- yung magandang feeling kapag maaga kang dumating sa campus.. maaga kasi akong nahahatid sa school. Malamig tapos maaaninag mo yung sikat ng araw. Kakaiba talaga. Lalo na nung fourth year, kasama ko pang gumala sa empty corridors si Mai2 at si Melissa (mga maaga ring nasusundo), nag iingay at nangungulit kina Sir Joey at Mrs. Fitero (na maaga ring nasusundo!)
- yung mga tambayan sa canteen.. ayan. maingay ako dyan. nung first year, dun kami sa canteen extension sa tapat ng spooky rubber tree. second year, sa may quadrangle naman (at dun pa talaga kami sa tapat ng flagpole!nyahaha). third year sa may tapat ng guidance. tas fourth year sa tapat ng faculty eating area! Nyahahahaha. Nag-aamok kami habang nananahimik ang mga guro sa pagkain ng lunch. Wahehe.
- Sir Joey! talaga. miss ko na tong henyong to. Ayaw kasing patawag na Dr. Joey eh. O kaya Mr. Pascual, Ph. D. hehehehe. Lahat ng hirit, quotes, patawa… naaalala ko pa. “Ladeez…” haha. tsaka yung pagkakaiba ng uod sa bulate na snippets of info galing ata sa kanya. Haynaku! Favorite teacher ko talaga to. Bonus.. Kamukha pa si Jose Rizal!
- fields, fields, and more fields. Yung grade school field, malawak, walang masyadong puno. Masayang magpiknik at mag kick ball kapag disme. Yung high school field, puro puno naman, tas may mga benches and tables. Tambayan ko to nung fourth year, kasama si Laisa, Adi, Mai2, Jevs, Jen, at si Jo. Dito kami nagffoodtrip pag may pera.. usually Monday or Tuesday.
- Religious “happenings”… para kaming nuns-in-training noon eh. after ng flag ceremony, may paraliturgy ang bawat class. before and after classes, may prayer dapat, at hindi basta basta “our father” o kaya “hail mary” kundi dapat “personal prayer”. You have to make up your own prayer kung ikaw ang prayer leader. After recess and lunch, may 5 minute silencing moment. Kailangan tatahimik ka at magmemeditate. Tapos three o clock prayer pa tska angelus. Kapag October, everyday magppray ng rosary. Not to mention yung 2 Institutional Mass, mga First Friday Masses, confession, adoration, way of the cross… hwooh! miss ko na to.. lalo na pag nag – ooffer sa mass..hehe
- Yung mga classroom. hehe. iba kasi eh.. tas yung apat na science labs, yung chapel, yung Sr. Irmengardis hall (mukhang wala ka sa St. Scho pag andun ka), yung CAI room, AVR, Music Room, yung 2 Gym, Computer Lab, Parking Lot, Tower Gate, … hm.. basically lahat.
- Sportsfest! Actually, ang habol ko lang dun eh yung shirts. i got d yellow one nung first year, red nung 2nd, blue nung 3rd year, tas (sayang! green na lang sana para kumpleto) red ulit nung 4th. haha Natatawa ako kasi napili yung design ko for the shirt nung second year, and supposed to be, may dove sa loob ng torch.. yung flames mukhang dove kaya “artistic”. looking back, fried chicken pala yung design. Nyahahahaha
-to be continued-
Gusto ko pang magdagdag sa listahan eh. Any ideas?
PS. I just realized that the title of the Friendster blog post is WRONG! It should be “Come Loyal Benedictine Children.. ” I forgot the lyrics of our school hymn.. It was so long ago… Hm.. So much for school spirit